• Locomotive Electrician Green River, WY

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by UPRR engineer

Yep, deadhead snow caboose. They rip everything out and line the walls with locomotive seats.

by Akduke

I was granted an interview, the only bummer part about it is I have to fly down from Alaska. I would like to thank everyone who answered my questions.
  by Akduke

Nice town UPRRengineer.

by UPRR engineer

Thanks buddy, how did it go? Am i gonna see you down there?

by Akduke

Well UP I just accepted the job offer. If I pass the rest of the garb, we will probably meet up at sometime.

by UPRR engineer

Right on buddy. You'll like it down there.

by UPRR engineer

You take a walk on the "Foot Bridge" to check out the pit buddy?

by Akduke

Yes I did and I showed the picture of the place to the guys up here and most of them wouldnt want to take that challenge, lol.

by UPRR engineer

Also if you start getting home sick, once you get into Utah just south of here theres a ton of lakes and mountains to explore. Flaming Gorge Lake is only a couple minutes away to the south. If your still in Green River go check out the Chamber and go to the Forest Service Center to see what its like over there in the Unita Mountains.

by Akduke

LOL if I get home sick I will head to Montana for my weekend. That is where I am really from. The whole bummer of this is I have to leave my wife and kids for a couple of months, and once again she is gonna have to move and sell the house with out me around. She did that when I left to come up to Alaska.

by Akduke

Boy it is sure is taking for ever to get a physical scheduled. It has been 2 weeks since I accepted the job and they still havent scheduled a physical.

by UPRR engineer

Any word yet buddy? I know there still working some two man (foremen and oilier) shifts over there. With summer vacations around the corner, i know they want you working soon.

by Akduke

Well I got my physical yesterday April 12, I am hoping to hear something by monday. I will keep ya posted.

by UPRR engineer

Glad you got that done and over with buddy. Id say it might be two weeks before you hear back from them.
  by Akduke

Wahoo, I got my start date yesterday, May 15th. I am out of Alaska!! I would like to thank everyone with all my questions, especially UPEngineer!