• CSX West Shore Line - Mile Post Map

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by softwaredeveloper

New to this hobby and was looking for more info.

Searched the newsgroups and forums. However I am looking for a milespost map that covers NJ and NY along the west shore line

Also i have had some hit and miss with this line, what is the best time for traffic in Northern NJ

Take a look at my photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/softwaredeveloper99/
  by abaduck

softwaredeveloper wrote:New to this hobby and was looking for more info.

Searched the newsgroups and forums. However I am looking for a milespost map that covers NJ and NY along the west shore line

Also i have had some hit and miss with this line, what is the best time for traffic in Northern NJ
Can't help with the map, but I presume you mean what most people call the River Line? In my (fairly limited) experience, the best thing you can do is be trackside at sunrise - quite a bit of action between 6.00 and 10.00 AM. Then it gets very quiet in the middle of the day. Then picks up in the second part of the afternoon. But it's very variable.

If I go to Bear Mountain on a Thursday, I can usually see anywhere from 4 to 8 trains between 6 and 10AM.

Mike