• CSX track worker hiring session: need advice

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by ProPain

Ok ive been invited to a hiring session for a track worker at csx I was wondering what I can expect as far as the basic math test and reading comprehension test. I have a friend that works for NS as a track laborer and he gets reimbursed $25 for every 100 miles he has to drive and he also gets paid to stay in the camp car once hes there is csx the same way. Also is there any worry of a layoff in this craft the session is in Kingsport Tn

by CSX-COAL HAULER

I know the milage rate for CSX right now is 48.5 cents per mile-----------------so 100 miles would get you $48.50. As far as lodging I think CSX track workers have to sleep in tents! :P

by wildbill

The expenses are paid by the following, $25.00 per day for meals paid seven days no matter if you work 4 or 5 day work week. Fuel money is $50 for driving under 300 miles round trip or $75 for 300+ miles. The system gangs get more for fuel but I'm not sure how much. We stay in motels 2 to a room. Csx does not use camp cars,and I am glad they don't.

by local61man

im waiting for the call now that i've taken all physical exams.and i was wanting to know what pay is there at the REDI center for the one week as a trackworker? also i talked to the lady at logistics health today and she said everything looked good.she said that i should hear from them in about 2-3 days,although that sounds a little quick.thanks

by scharnhorst

CSX MOW Guys stay in Hotels off site Transportation from the Hotel to the work site is provided by CSX in a company owned Bus most ofton an old School Bus. Try to get in on a traveling gang you'll work Sunday-Wensday and get Thersday-Saterday off These guys most ofton don't get layed off as they rotate around to diffrent job sites system wide. The local MOW Guys are more ofton to be layed off when things run slow or when CSX needs to cut funding someplace.