Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by harryguy082589

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/185877.ph ... tId=291192
NEWARK, N.J (AP) -- About 4 million people took the AirTrain light-rail service from Queens to John F. Kennedy International Airport last year, a record in its third year of operation, officials said Wednesday.

The service connecting mass transit to airport monorails also broke records at Newark (N.J.) Liberty International Airport, where AirTrain is five years old.

The $1.9 billion AirTrain JFK, which connects travelers to the airport monorail from city subways and a Long Island Rail Road stop in Jamaica, Queens, took 15 percent more passengers last year than in 2005, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said.

AirTrain Newark's 1.6 million passengers, which connect to the service from New Jersey Transit and Amtrak trains, represented an 8 percent jump.

by orangeline

The $1.9 billion AirTrain JFK, which connects travelers to the airport monorail from city subways and a Long Island Rail Road stop in Jamaica, Queens, took 15 percent more passengers last year than in 2005, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said.

I didn't know JFK Airtrain was a monorail. I'm guessing probably a news gofer who didn't quite do enough research.

I did know EWR Airtrain was a monorail.

by L'mont

orangeline wrote:The $1.9 billion AirTrain JFK, which connects travelers to the airport monorail from city subways and a Long Island Rail Road stop in Jamaica, Queens, took 15 percent more passengers last year than in 2005, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said.

I didn't know JFK Airtrain was a monorail. I'm guessing probably a news gofer who didn't quite do enough research.

I did know EWR Airtrain was a monorail.
I hear you, but that really isn't important in the context of the story. I'd let this one slide becuase it's not really a railroad either, just like the subway.