• What time does the Orange Juice Train depart Bradenton??

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by spencer8b75

I work for Amtrak in NYC and I am on vacation in Sarasota FL where I grew up. It has been about eight years since I have had a long enough vacation here to do some railfaning.. I plan to go to the Tropicana area on Friday..I used to hang around Tropicana and the Seminole Gulf RR alot when I was in junior high school. I befriended many of the local crewmembers that might be still around. Those particular jobs that served Bradenton from Tampa were always very high senority ones. I want to know what has changed besides big modern CSX Road Power instead of Seaboard/SCL&LN B36-7's and U36B's. I am also concerned about being hassled by the local authorities because I would like to video tape also. If anyone out there can give me the latest scoop , Please let me know....Thank You!!!
  by CSX-COAL HAULER

We get the oj train sometimes on re-routes. It is like any other freight train on CSX --------there is no schedule----they may have PLANNED times----but they always miss them---------contact crazy nip----that is his part of the country.

by spencer8b75

Thank You for your reply CSX Coal Hauler..I am aware that many frieght trains run a very unpredictable schedule and most of the time do not meet thier scheduled departure or arrival times.. The Tropicana Train usually left Bradenton around 9 to 10 AM 3 days a week. Friday's train was usually the longest. I am going to be there around 9AM so I hope things have not changed. I usually see him around Bound Brook NJ in my new home area...

by gprimr1

I was told the window for the Juice train to move through Baltimore is 5am-noon.

That shows CSX's superior time keeping ability, that they only need a 6 hour window :P