• And yet another derailment (12-15-06)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by TheChessieCatLives

Can you say, "Reroutes Round 2!?" When are they ever gonna get things straightened out up there?

by CSX-COAL HAULER

KEVIN-Come on man! Do you think that CSX is the only railroad that screws up? You need to research the NS around the Knoxville Tenn. area the last 10 years! Alot of money has been paid out to the community's of Sweetwater, Knoxville, Amherst Tenn. for major hazmat accidents that caused major inconviences for these towns. Maybe if you ever pass the HANG TEST and you get on with the NS you will change your thoughts to these accidents that happen on the railroad. I don't know about any other line but CSX and NS because I run on these lines-------Get some answers from Golden arm about who has the worst tracks---------------on the 175 miles of CSX track I run on and the 68 miles of NS track----I DON'T SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE. Pass the test then come join us!

by crazy_nip

idiot railfans

if up or csx derails, 10 posts about it

if ns or bnsf derails, nothing but crickets...

its hypocracy at its finest

I cant remember the last time CSX derailed a train and hazmat cloud KILLED about a dozen people and forced a towns evacuation for a couple WEEKS

(Graniteville, sc)

by roadster

Consider this Nip. How many people are killed in accidents involving trucks on the highway and how much press does that get? Beleive me trucks are involved in ALOT more fatalities than the railroads. seems like every time I'm in Florida there's a semi tanker of aviation fuel exploding on one of the highways.

by NS212

I realise that all railroads have their incidents. But the past month or so, CSX has been in a world of hurt. That's all I'm trying to point out. WOW, I hate how people get soo easily offended around here.

Wow

by CSX-COAL HAULER

Wow-Dude!

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

guys calm down, dont make me lock this

i understand what NS121 was trying to say, how there has been 4 derailments on CSX tracks in the last few weeks, thats all, no need to jump down each others throats

by crazy_nip

NS212 wrote:I realise that all railroads have their incidents. But the past month or so, CSX has been in a world of hurt. That's all I'm trying to point out. WOW, I hate how people get soo easily offended around here.
I'm not offended at all, it just is absurd how everyone picks on CSX when NS derails just as often, it irritates me

yes, csx had a bridge get shut down, and rerouted a bunch of trains, they put a ton of traffic over lines which dont see it usually and had a couple derailments

is it worth posting here every time a railroad derails a few cars?
  by CSX-COAL HAULER

I am definately not offended Kevin. I want you to remember something for me though when you hire on. In a blink of a eye----in a blink of a eye---in the blink of a eye-Things can go from smooth sailing to filling your drawers up with mess IN THE BLINK OF A EYE
Doesn't your dad work for the railroad? Any railroader who has a couple of years in can tell you some stories that have never made it to the news---most of them you would not believe.

by CSXT 700

yes, csx had a bridge get shut down, and rerouted a bunch of trains, they put a ton of traffic over lines which dont see it usually and had a couple derailments
While I agree sometimes people go a little overboard, all I see is he is reporting news. What I dont understand is your comments about a ton of traffic over lines that don't normally see it. Now I havent gone into the system computer to double check it, the last thing I rember is that there were two in northeasten Ohio, one in northwestern Ohio, and one in NY, and one down south with a coal train. Now I do not know how much traffic the line with the coal train that derailed has, but the other four, are on some of the CSX systems most bussy lines, with the most train counts per day. Hardley lines that dont see much traffic, and buckled under the weight of a few trains.