• Jackman, ME

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by aline1969

I stopped and ate lunch here on my way to Canada in June... I saw an unmarked green engine.. I took two pictures and asked the waitress at lunch... "what railroad was that?" she said Bangor & Aroostook... what RR served Jackman before? Thanks.

by robc

From this point backwards:
Present: Montreal, maine & Atlantic Railroad
Previous: Canadian American R.R. (CDAC) owned by Ironroad Railways also prior owners of the Bangor & Aroostook R.R.
Previous: Canadian Pacific Railroad

by aline1969

Cool... that train took forever to cross the crossing... I was smart to cross the tracks before it came through the town....lol. Thanks for the info.

by Skullitor

Wasen't that the Canadian Pacific's "MOOSEHEAD SUB"?

by Cowford

From this point backwards:
Present: Montreal, maine & Atlantic Railroad
Previous: Canadian American R.R. (CDAC) owned by Ironroad Railways also prior owners of the Bangor & Aroostook R.R.
Previous: Canadian Pacific Railroad
To be technically accurate, I'd add "Canadian Atlantic Railway" which was formed by CPR in 1988 as a transition company in preparation for CPRs spinoff of the line to CDAC.

by Skullitor

aline1969 wrote:Cool... that train took forever to cross the crossing... I was smart to cross the tracks before it came through the town....lol. Thanks for the info.
That where U.S.Customs checks all eastbound trains.I've been there watching him.He sits in a chair near the tracks with both a clipboard with full train info and a LARGE Hammer,He banged the empties and listened to the sound,to see if anyone inside.Watch for the customs truck it tells you a train will be there soon.
Skull :wink: