Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Tadman

Anybody know of the disposition of the Arlington and Fairfax railbus, used as a line car during the EC bypass construction? That's a neato little unit, and if still around, would be much easier to restore than a Joe or MU.

by PRRGuy

The last known picture I've been able to find was dated in the Mid 70's I believe..

by dinwitty

something makes me think IRM got it, just recalling times I have wandered the place, seeing CTA cars partially scrapped, etc...

not sure, but check an IRM roster.

by Tadman

too bad MikeF vaporized himself, he would have answered that one before we all woke up in the past...

by PRRGuy

Yeah, railroad jobs do that to a guy..

by Tadman

He's a brakeman or conductor at WSOR, right?

by PRRGuy

Yep, Conductor. He even passed me up, I'm only a Brakeman/Collector.

by MikeF

Roger that, railroad work will do that to a guy. And yes, I am a WSOR conductor.

Dunno what happened to that little railbus. Dinwitty is perhaps thinking of the AAR Buda test cars X-201 and X-202 at IRM, which look somewhat like the railbus in question.

by Tadman

I know this is OT, but do you have any good stories to tell us yet? Are you the emperor of the north yet? (movie bout a conductor that kills all the hobos he sees)

by MikeF

Have yet to meet any hobos. I'm continuously refining my Shack demeanor in anticipation, though. :P

by PRRGuy

"Nobody rides MikeF's Train!"