• What's In Those Steam Locomotives

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

by dcm74

For anyone interested in the internal and external mechanics of steam locomotives, the Amherst (MA) Railway Society wiil be presenting Mr. Preston Cook's program What's In Those Steam Locomotives on Tuesday, October 17th. The program is free and open to the public.

http://www.amherstrail.org/meeting2006.10.html

by PCook

I just wanted to add to dcm74's posting that the showing of WHAT'S IN THOSE STEAM LOCOMOTIVES at the Amherst Railway Society on Tuesday evening, October 17th, is the last showing planned for this program. I normally present diesel programs and have a backlog of requests for INSIDE EMD to take care of in 2007, it will not be possible to keep this steam locomotive technical program going next year. So if this topic is of interest to you, I hope you will consider joining us for this showing.

PC

by PCook

My thanks to the 130+ people who attended the program showing on Tuesday October 17th, and to the Amherst Railway Society for hosting it. As was noted in the preceeding posting, my schedule for 2007 is almost completely taken up with requests for the EMD program, so this program has been set aside with no present plans for future showings.

PC