• Ringling Brothers to Boston

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by GP40MC 1116

Guilford Guy wrote:dont tell many people...
We drove into Beacon Park near the signal tower to see if I could see the flats but saw none
Alex! You can see that view from Cambridge St Bridge.. GEEZE

by CSX Conductor

Guilford Guy wrote:dont tell many people...
We drove into Beacon Park near the signal tower to see if I could see the flats but saw none
First of all, it's acts like that which give railfans a bad rap with railroaders....You were trespassing! Secondly, they are usually towards the other end. There are also two or three flats down on Farm 1 by the engine house.

by Guilford Guy

we drove in and upon not seeing it immediately turned around

by GP40MC 1116

Guilford Guy wrote:we drove in and upon not seeing it immediately turned around
Still bad bad Alex, come on it's "Tresspassing"

by boatsmate

I drive by there everyday and only have seen the flat cars there on the day they arrived. they where gone the next am when I drove through. I know they are in Boston till sunday, so when will the train be brought to Beacon park again???

Capt Bill Viewing Beacon park yard form the Mass Pike daily

by CSX Conductor

The flats are still on TV-2 but since there is no equipment on them they are hard to see because trailers (regular intermodal trailers, not circus)parked in front of them.

The train will be switched-out Sunday night, usually an extra yard job is called around ten or eleven o'clock Sunday night and the train departs Monday morning. The next stop for the "Red Unit" is Manchester,NH. next Wednesday and therefore the move will probably be the same as last year. Train will head west from Beacon Park to clear CP-45 in Worcester where the power will run-around the train and head East/North onto the P&W up to Guilford's property.

by NellsChoo

I heard it would come up into Hill Yard in Ayer from Worcester via CSX. My boyfriend was thinking of heading to the area after an appointment just in case... anyone know for sure roughly what the moves will be and when?

by CSX Conductor

Nells, the crew was called around ten o'clock last night to put it together and head west to Worcester. As of about 200 this morning the computer hadn't shown it on the move yet. Symbol was P914-16 with 2 six axles on the point. It would go to Worcester where they would drop the train west of CP 45 and run the power around it, tie back onto east end and head up the P&W to Guilford for Ayer.