Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Love Train

So the R160B 30 revenue service test has been going on for a while without problems. When is the last day? Is there any information as to where these cars are going to end up?

And what about its counterpart, the R160A? Has it begun revenue service testing? On what line? What day is that going to end?
  by Terrapin Station

Love Train wrote:So the R160B 30 revenue service test has been going on for a while without problems. When is the last day? Is there any information as to where these cars are going to end up?

And what about its counterpart, the R160A? Has it begun revenue service testing? On what line? What day is that going to end?
Assuming the clock has not been reset, today is the 30th day. It is known that the 4-car sets will go to the Eastern Division and the 5-car sets may go to such lines like the A, N, Q, etc.

There has been no solid information yet about when the R-160A will begin its 30-day testing, but it could be soon.
  by Love Train

Terrapin Station wrote:
Love Train wrote:So the R160B 30 revenue service test has been going on for a while without problems. When is the last day? Is there any information as to where these cars are going to end up?

Assuming the clock has not been reset, today is the 30th day. It is known that the 4-car sets will go to the Eastern Division and the 5-car sets may go to such lines like the A, N, Q, etc.

There has been no solid information yet about when the R-160A will begin its 30-day testing, but it could be soon.
I could be wrong, but wasn't the (N) the line that the R160 failed on? I'm no expert but maybe they shouldn't run these cars on a line that they had a problem with. Something bad could happen...

by Robert Paniagua

...........and that would mean the R32s (the oldest) could be in service a bit longer, hopefully outliving the R10 (1948-1989).

by Love Train

Robert Paniagua wrote:...........and that would mean the R32s (the oldest) could be in service a bit longer, hopefully outliving the R10 (1948-1989).
Uh...I could be wrong, but I think the (A) has more R32s than the (N).