Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by CSS&SB702

Caboose 001 sure looks like crap. Damn kids. Why is there an EOT on the back of the caboose? Seems redundant.

by PRRGuy

Rumor has it that all 3 cabooses are to be repainted after all 10 GP38's are done. As for that EOT...well, no one rides back there except on backup moves.

by Tadman

Noooooooooooo!!!

They've got to keep the cabooses in the ATSF paint - it's become a part of the South Shore character for the last twenty years! When I was in the 7th grade and we had to make a clay model in art class, it was a CSS/ATSF caboose with the yellow "target" logo painted fully yellow, and an orange CSS logo in the center.

by dinwitty

Thats it, BNSF must repaint all their stuff to South Shore orange and maroon stripe... :wink:

by Tadman

Ya'll make your smart aleck remarks about my nostalgic feelings for ATSF-painted CSS-lettered cabs, but when I get back to South Bend in a few days, I'm posting a pic of my clay ATSF/CSS caboose. And hardy-har-har to the creator of the green BN/CSS caboose.

by dinwitty

roofles prrguy...

by PRRGuy

All in good fun, my friends.