• CSX frequencies along the East Coast?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by clearblock

scharnhorst wrote: 161.160 is road channel 2 it is used between NCSX, NYS&W, and Finger Lakes.
I am not aware of any CSX use of 161.160 in NY State. That frequency is used by Metro North in the downstate area.

CSX uses 161.070 (former PC/CR Road Channel 2) on the St Lawrence Sub. NS uses 161.070 on the Corning Secondary which is what you are probably refering to with the FGLK operations and also on the W end of the Southern Tier line from W of Hornell to Buffalo.

by scharnhorst

clearblock wrote:
scharnhorst wrote: 161.160 is road channel 2 it is used between NCSX, NYS&W, and Finger Lakes.
I am not aware of any CSX use of 161.160 in NY State. That frequency is used by Metro North in the downstate area.

CSX uses 161.070 (former PC/CR Road Channel 2) on the St Lawrence Sub. NS uses 161.070 on the Corning Secondary which is what you are probably refering to with the FGLK operations and also on the W end of the Southern Tier line from W of Hornell to Buffalo.
humm must be they stoped useing it then. I can rember it being used undaer Conrail. But as always things do change over time.