• NYC Mohawk - Elkhart, IN

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by steamguy

Good sources tell me that Gary Bensman has been engaged by the folks with the NYC 4-8-2 to evaluate it for a possible return to service. This should get interesting.

by superwarp1

Yes please,

tell me where I can donate to this good cause.
  by erie2937

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but, considering the plight of NKP 765 which is all set to go with no place to run, why bother putting 3001 into working order? Neither NS nor CSX are amenable to steam excursions. Ohio Central is too busy making money with freight trains. So why bother?
  by Noel Weaver

erie2937 wrote:I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but, considering the plight of NKP 765 which is all set to go with no place to run, why bother putting 3001 into working order? Neither NS nor CSX are amenable to steam excursions. Ohio Central is too busy making money with freight trains. So why bother?
This is a very good point that I agree with. Why bust your chops working
to raise funds and working to get repairs/restoration done to a 60 or so
year old engine that nobody in authority wants anything to do with?
These things are not toys.
Noel Weaver