• Working for CSX!!

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by thebigc

CSX Conductor wrote: What would you have done 20 or 30 years ago when there were no laptops or Playstation Portables to play, while you're a mile away from the rest of your crew in a caboose.
Probably challenge Rule "G".

And it's very true that all the carriers have no concience much less any sympathy towards an employee with the forbidden "lost time injury". I love it when some pencil-pusher in claims finds it incredulous that an injury occurred on some of NJT's well-maintained equipment or immaculate ROW and yards. They have not even a remote concept of what goes on on the RR.
  by melodic777

CSX-COAL HAULER wrote:Please 777-

Come back and talk to the REAL RAILROADERS in a couple of years when you have a clue where the a and b end of a car is. These guys speak the
RAILROAD TRUTH----the young punks that claim to be your friends are probably the ones that are at my home terminal -----THAT NEVER WORK---AND ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT THE DOOR. Six months is my estimate for 777--------guys ! What do ya think. :-D :-D :-D
Talking out your butt eh? You and some of these other old timers are so quick in assumptions....you know what they say about assumptions. My young punk friends are in their late 40's with over 25 years service Engineering for just about all of it........oh and then there are people like Golden Ego who called me a young pimply faced kid. If I need comedy relief, this is where I come, because there are so many jokes like yourself......I pity your worthless existence

by CSXWife

CSX Conductor wrote:I agree with CSX Engineer98 100%, and not only because he is a co-worker and friend, but he is speaking from truth about a horrible illness and being jerked around by the company. It's not right for someone to bitch about the job when they haven't even had a taste of what railroading can be like. I get a kick out of guys on the road that bitch about no cell signal on the mountain or not able to get their laptop to connect to the internet while stopped in certain areas at a Stop signal for a meet.........AAAwwww, poor baby. :( What would you have done 20 or 30 years ago when there were no laptops or Playstation Portables to play, while you're a mile away from the rest of your crew in a caboose.

CSX Wife, it is beneficial that you guys knew ahead of time what he was getting into, but one thing to remember, the strange hours and time away from home isn't just a CSXT thing, it's the railroad life in general. :wink:
We realized that way back when. However its the difference between NO seniority and some piddly seniority am I right or am I right?
  by thebigc

melodic777 wrote:
Talking out your butt eh? You and some of these other old timers are so quick in assumptions....you know what they say about assumptions. My young punk friends are in their late 40's with over 25 years service Engineering for just about all of it........oh and then there are people like Golden Ego who called me a young pimply faced kid. If I need comedy relief, this is where I come, because there are so many jokes like yourself......I pity your worthless existence
This must be some type of test for moderators.

Please, no personal attacks. Two wrongs don't make a right...
  by GOLDEN-ARM

thebigc wrote:
melodic777 wrote:
This must be some type of test for moderators.

Please, no personal attacks. Two wrongs don't make a right...
No, but three rights, makes a left............. :P

I agree, with the Big C, let's stop picking on soon-to-be Terminal Superintendant 777. He obviously has all of the answers. In a few weeks, he will be holding a daylight job, with weekends off, and a 3 hour quit, on Fridays........ :P

Regards, to the Big C.......... :wink:

by melodic777

thank you King Gego

by GOLDEN-ARM

melodic777 wrote:thank you King Gego

Yuor wlecoem, spalling Kign........ :P
  by melodic777

actually my vocab and spelling are quite good.....so whatever the reason for my off day, irrelevant.......atleast you still derived the point from my bad spelling.......which was, quite simply, you're a &%$#. And I'm hardly the only one sharing this view of you from all the mail I have received in regards to your pretentious a$$!

by KarlJ

“DS, we may have to set out a bad order, here… let me check with The Big C...”

(subtle, huh?)

by GOLDEN-ARM

Mail from your Nanna, doesn't count......

by thebigc

KarlJ wrote:“DS, we may have to set out a bad order, here… let me check with The Big C...”

(subtle, huh?)
And the Big C is fixin' to put someone in the clear and take up the switch if he doesn't clean up his act!

I can't monitor this forum every four hours of every day!