• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

by Engineer James

Well, I rented a CD of railroad songs By Billy Strange, from my local library. On the cover it shows #3775. What road is it from and what Whyte Wheel Classification.

However, if anyone has a heart for UP #844, or Southern #4501 there are the whistle sonds on the CD. #844 is really recognisable in Wabash CannonBall....
  by SSW9389

Santa Fe had a Northern numbered 3775 , that could be it.
Engineer James wrote:Well, I rented a CD of railroad songs By Billy Strange, from my local library. On the cover it shows #3775. What road is it from and what Whyte Wheel Classification.

However, if anyone has a heart for UP #844, or Southern #4501 there are the whistle sonds on the CD. #844 is really recognisable in Wabash CannonBall....

by rlsteam

Can you scan the picture and give us a link to see it? 3775 might not be a 4-8-4. It could have been a number on many railroads.

by Marty Feldner

I just took a look at the album cover image on Amazon; hard to tell for sure, but it looks to have the typical ATSF train number boards flanking the sandbox, and though compressed, the tender lettering and number look to be ATSF style. Given that, it looks to be a Santa Fe Northern (BLW, 1938).

Information on the several classes on Wes Barris' excellent site:

http://steamlocomotive.com/northern/atsf.shtml