• Atlas C40-8 CSX antennas early 1990's

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by zablocki22

I picked up the two numbers for CSX and have been working on the modifications for the units since Atlas used the UP model for CSX.

This includes front/rear handrails, MU cable (use Details West MU220), removing the hump on top of the nose, horn, and removing the rear/ top sandfiller.

The question is about the antennas? I am using the Withers book on C40-8's as a reference and I know that two antennas are used. The first looks like a whip antenna but I cannot tell what the second one is???? Is it a wide cone type???

Thanks for any answers...

Vincent Zablocki