• Status of SRNJ Pleasantville transfer station

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

by PRSL1972

Does anyone have a status report on the SRNJ P-Ville transfer station. I read in the local papers that the att. generay was breaking SRNJ stones about this. I think the AG sholud step down from her post due to unethicle law favortism. The word on the street is that her so called boyfriend got caught driving w/o a dl and the ag ran to his rescue using the state police. I think we should break her chops just like how she broke the SRNJ. I cant see hoe the state can get away with making theig own laws if transfer stations are to be protected with in rr property. I look at it like this, you get the trucks off the road, fuel is saved and it can be recycled in another state. To me it makes sense.

by BrianM

It is my understanding that the SRNJ is appealing the Judge ruling. If you look at the current issue of Railpace, on page 9 I believe, they have a quote from the Judge. I found it very funny.

Also, as you "see it" is also how the SRNJ "see it". They are taking it out of state. This will also help tp prolong the life of the Soth Jersey dump. Is this not a good thing? It is a transloading station. The truck comes in and dumps, the material goes right into the cars. This facility is nothing like the ones in North Jersey. There is no waste or hazmat through this facility. It is all C&D from AC. If they close this down, you will see even more trucks on the road in NJ. That is a fact. For every RR car that goes out, it takes 8-10 trucks off the road I am told.

Brian

by PRSL1972

So is the judge going to rule in favor for the SRNJ? And also is there a date that they were to terminate operations untill a judgement is made. And what is the fate of the Mullica transfer station. Is that being appeled too?

by BrianM

I am told that there is another court date set for early August. If the SRNJ win this appeal, the site will stay open.

To the best of my knowledge, Mullica will not be appealed. But, like everything else, things could change. I was reading on another web site yesterday that the Mayor and a few other official in Mullica wanted the site built.

Brian

by PRSL1972

Were did you find this article?

by BrianM

Here is the link:

http://gadfly01.blogspot.com/

It is hard for me to stomach some of the content but can also be funny to read.

Brian

by PRSL1972

What is the frequency on the cars going in and out of the loading plant. Also is it still in operation

by BrianM

As Saturday, I was told they are still operating. Not sure on the next court date. As for the cars, I have been told that a car turn around time is about 15 days. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Brian