• Major Improvement Of The Forums

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

by TR-00

What a great idea to remove the rankings from the forums. They really served no purpose, and in some cases only encouraged empty posting to get the next higher ranking.

Congratulations to all concerned. The forums are even more enjoyable now.

by ApproachMedium

Of course they took it out right as i hit my hundredth post so I would never gain a rank. Oh well now we all sit on the same level.

by sullivan1985

"OMG! My next post will make me Guru!!! What can I post about... Hmm...

What do the stripes on NJT stand for!! :-D"

by ApproachMedium

Yea, seriously what are the stripes all about? LOL

by M&Eman

Oh well, I had dreams of being a veteran within the next few months and someday a guru. The admins could as a joke though give out original, creative "rankings" to people with a reputation, such as Nick (how does "jynx" sound)?

by uzplayer

I tend to ignore any really bad rantings and respond with and/or ask questions to further my understanding of railfanning. :wink:

by nick11a

M&Eman wrote:Oh well, I had dreams of being a veteran within the next few months and someday a guru. The admins could as a joke though give out original, creative "rankings" to people with a reputation, such as Nick (how does "jynx" sound)?
I'd prefer "Lord High Grand Master."

But seriously, yes, I'm happy those titles are gone too actually. But, I must admit, I was curious to see what would happen when I would broach 5000 posts and 10,000 posts.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this topic belongs in this forum, but I'll allow it for the time being.

by arrow

Or, from the days of The Honeymooners, you can title yourself the "Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler"!

by nick11a

arrow wrote:you can title yourself the "Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler"
Ooh, I like that one better. :-)

by nick11a

All right, this topic has run its course I think. :-)

by Irish Chieftain

Well yeah, at least as far as this forum goes. Let's extend the kudos to another forum...

by sixty-six

Oh no moderator battle...EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

by BlockLine_4111

For more improvements I'd like to see the mods/adm. come up with ways to better control duplicate threads and subject topics. Centralize or 'folder' like subjects and group things together. Would be easier to locate stuff, etc, etc.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Since we are no longer giving "ranks", and starting another discussion on this topic is redundant, why are we doing it??? http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24278

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I agree with the topic originator. I'm glad that these ranks have now been abolished, since it may have created some unneccessary posting competition. The only ones with a rank if any should be Otto, webmaster oka Mike Roque and Jessy as "Site Admin"