• NYSW Butler yard

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Steve F45

What exactly is the butler yard used for? I know someone said MoW yard but, what is with all the old stuff in it? What is inside that big building?

by cjvrr

Track and signal maintenance on the SD is based out of Butler. Large stockpile of stuff on the south side of the track out of view.

The shop building is owned by the NYS&W Tech Society as was to house the steam engine. The restriction on passenger excursions on the NYS&W ended with the 142 being moved out to the Bel Del. The shop was to be used to restore other passenger cars and the RDC's but to my knowledge it sits empty of any Tech Society equipment. The 4 passenger cars outside are also owned by the Tech group and have been sitting on the siding for darn near 4 years now.

by Steve F45

so inside the shed is empty?

by RichM

I thought our old Drew Chemical critter was in there, waiting on a restoration, but I'm not sure anymore.

by Steve F45

what shops can paint the engines?