• My Green Line Trip Report (6/13)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

Ok, first, I started out of Braintree with the Red Line to Park Street, to the Green, and now this:

I first got on the Blue Line to Wonderland and back to do some videotaping off the train from the back car's window. Picked up coach 0613 from Goverment with 0658/59 leading the front. I had 3.5 minutes left of tape so I decided to finish it on the Blue Line Surface portions. Finally the tape ran out just short of reaching Beachmont. But I stayed on till Wonderland and back in the lead coach (also 0613) going inbound to GCT. (no, not Grand Central, but Govt).

Now, here's the REAL fun. I got T7 3697 from there till Lechmere, that was the back car with 3613 leading the front, Instead of going to the front, I chose to videotape (with a new fresh cassete tape after finishing the other one on the Blue Line) from the side window for the entire Aboveground portion till Lechmere, I got shots of the FleetCenter area plus the Zakim Bridge, and more video shots of Causeway Street below us. I then switched cars at Lechmere, got the front car of that same train, 3613 this time, but I once again went to one of the right side windows. I got the scenery of the Museum of Science, and the apartment buildings on the right, plus the intersection where the Hurley State Office Building is.

From there, I also got the North Station Platfourms while the train was off-loading and loading, and even got video of the last few passengers waiting for the E train in the platform. I was on Board a D Train, FYI. Then, I got shots of the Canal Street side of the incline. It was fun!

Then I made it back home on board the Red Line to Braintree.

Who knows, I might sneak another Green Line ride on Friday night, know what I'm sayin', my man?

Now, end of ride log.

by Reddy Rocker

That's very cool Rob, I'm glad you had a good ride. And that you didn't get bothered by the MBTA police either.

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I know, and I did it all carefully.

Heck, not even an inspector or other T employee came up to me also, so I was glad, and that's why I didn't take film out front.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i am going Thursday to see and take pics of the Green LIne EL

by Robert Paniagua

Oh good, glad you're going. You have your own camera, old-Acela2020?

I did, and I used it......