• Penn Central Line between Chicago-North Judson-Logansport

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Indianarailfan

When did the last trains passed. I've read the tracks were abadoned in 1982. But, does anyone know what year they were ripped up. P.S you can see the right of way from Crown Point to Hebron from US 231, Hebron to LaCrosse from Indiana 8, and from LaCrosse to N. Judson from the Old C&O tracks.

by MR77100

The line was torn up around 1984. My father actually inquired about this line to Conrail in 1981, and they told him they were going to run it without block signals. One of the tracks was removed and the signals were turned sideways. The segment south of Kokomo was abandoned in 1981, but the northern segment remained in service for another year. I am guessing Conrail ran a few locals on it, and possibly a through train to Logansport. Does anyone know how often it was used?

by cw cabin

Just google Indiana railroad abandonments and the 1st. one on the list is what your looking for.
If for some reason you can't find it let me know. I'll post the site.