• Late For Shore Limited

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by CRail

Today the late for limited (Lakeshore limited) passed through downtown ashland at less then restricted speed. Then it stopped. The signal was clear. Anyone know why the train randomly stopped?

by mattfels

What time? Was it, you know, late?

by CRail

it was about 3. judging by the speed, it was late (and if it wasnt, the stop in the middle of no where made it late).

by CSX Conductor

Well, restricted Speed is 20MPH outside interlockings and 15MP within interlocking limits, prepared to stop in half the range of vision of another train, misaligned switches or derails in derailing position.

Perhaps, cab signals dropped to restricting......or maybe the got a hit at the Ashland Dragging Equipment Detector?

I am assuming the Clear signal you saw was at CP-24, just west of Cherry street?!?

I mentioned the DED thinking of the Eastbound LSL, was it the Westbound? Really late....ugh! Perhaps a train-line problem.

by CRail

I take it your based out of framingham. You may have seen me before at North Framingham. Im the kid on the bike, usually stops on thursdays. if that doesnt ring a bell, then ill still probably meet up with you at some point. :)

by CSX Conductor

Not based out of Framingham CRail...........just qualified on the territory. Very rarely get over that way on the assignment that I am on now.

by CRail

Where do you come out of now