• Will the UP 844 come to the NE?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by Steve F45

I see the pics all the time on railpictures.net with the 844 making a run across the west, sw and south. Will it be making its way to the northeast at all this year?

by John_Perkowski

Uhhh...

The UP sends the executive train to the Democratic and Republican National Conventions. That's about as close as it's going to get, especially since there isn't any UP rail in the NE neck of the woods.

Maybe y'all oughta get CSXT and NS to get their steam programs back up and running ....

by Steve F45

so since there's no up rail here in the ne they wont do any excursions at all?

by mu26aeh

sure it will, railroads assign engines all across the county just so railfans can see them in person. i wanted to see an Alaska railroad sd70, so I emailed them and it showed up 2 weeks later

by John_Perkowski

Of course, if you have the $$$,$$$.00 (yes, hundreds of thousands of dollars) that it will cost Steve Lee and the steam crew to bring 844 and an excursion train to your town, UP might well come through.

Bearer bonds or cashier's checks should do nicely, made payable to Union Pacific Inc.

by washingtonsecondary

I have to apologize for this.

See in the North East (and New Jersey in paticular) there is an intense hatred of the area class 1's since they have put intense pressure on alot of short lines to drop their steam programs. This in turn has sparked childish jealousy of the UP for its steam program.

So again, on behalf of the northeast portion of the country, I apologize.