• South Portland (Rigby) to N. Chelmsford (District 2) Ops

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by GP40MC 1116

Portland (Rigby) to N. Chelmsford (District 2)
Through Freight trains are impeded in the Lowell-Lawrence-Haverhill area due to MBTA passenger trains. Especially during the work week.
Amtrak's Downeaster (trains 680-689) have a considerable effect on freights from Rigby to Lowell Jct.

Weekend On Duty times of daily trains are often altered from the times posted during the work week.

DOBO runs Dover to Boston using NHN power. Leaves Dover around 20:00 and may work at Lawrence. Mon.-Fri. Arrives Boston around midnight. BODO returns and may pickup at Lawrence and arrives back in Dover usually before 06:00. May not run every weekday.
SP-1 works Rigby to Biddeford and Wells and usually terminates at Wells. May run to Dover, Rockingham Jct., or Portsmouth.
EDNA runs East Deerfield to Nashua. Daily.
NAED OD at Nashua early AM. Daily.
EDLO runs East Deerfield to Lowell. Daily. Power and Lawrence cars often become LOSA. Usually arrives Lowell after dark. May run to Lawrence, and return light to Lowell.
LOED runs Lowell to East Deerfield. Daily. OD at Lowell around midnight.
LOSA runs from Lowell to Lawrence to Boston, Ma. Mon.-Fri. OD at Lowell 19:00. Usually works on the way to Boston. Returns to Lowell as SALO about daylight.
LA-1 Lawrence Switcher. OD 07:00. Works Lawrence to Plaistow, and to Tewksbury. May work east to Portsmouth or Dover.
LO-1 Lowell Switcher works N. Billerica to Lowell. Weekdays. OD 07:00.
BO-1 Boston Switcher. Weekdays. OD 08:00. Works to Salem and return.
EDPO runs East Deerfield to Rigby. Changes crews at Lowell around noon. Daily. Often recrews again at Dover or more likely, Rollinsford.
POSE or WAPO or WASE Runs Rigby to Selkirk via Worcester (CSX). Daily. OD at Rigby about 19:00. Usually “outlaws” somewhere in District 2 before reaching Lowell.
RURJ Runs Rumford (Rileys) to Rotterdam Jct. (CSX). Daily.
SEPO runs Selkirk to Rigby. Most Days. Crew starts out of Ayer. Arrives Rigby afternoon or evening.
Unit Coal Trains run Mohawk Yard to Bow, NH usually with NS units. Occasionally has other "foreign" power in consist. Often stops for "lunch" at Tyngsboro. Power usually lays over on the "Perini track"at Bow or very rarely at Concord.
Unit Coal Trains occasionally run Rotterdam to Bow, NH using CSX power.
Unit Coal Trains occasionally run Gardner (off P&W) to Bow, NH. Uses GRS power. Often called PWBO.
NA-1 Nashua Local. Weekdays, some Saturdays. OD about 06:30. Often begins day where NA-2 "canned."
NA-2 Nashua Local works to Manchester and Hillsboro branch. Weekdays, some Saturdays. OD 16:30.
LAED runs Lawrence to East Deerfield. As required (rarely).
EDLA runs East Deerfield to Lawrence. As required (rarely).
AYPO Ayer to Rigby. Runs as required.
Most through freights stop for lunch at Lowell, Ma.

Is this prety acccurate? I am wondering more about opperations in Manchester, NH and when and what they do when they interchance w NEGS. Thanks

by Jayjay1213

SP-1 goes on duty 1200 at Wells, not Rigby.

POSE, WAPO, and WASE are three different trains. WASE and WAPO are daily. POSE, the crew is daily, but that doesnt mean a train will actually come out of Rigby, they will sometimes be used for RURJ.

RURJ is supposed to terminate at Rigby everyother day. When it terminates at Rigby, there should be a POSE to go out.

by GP40MC 1116

Jayjay1213 wrote:SP-1 goes on duty 1200 at Wells, not Rigby.

POSE, WAPO, and WASE are three different trains. WASE and WAPO are daily. POSE, the crew is daily, but that doesnt mean a train will actually come out of Rigby, they will sometimes be used for RURJ.

RURJ is supposed to terminate at Rigby everyother day. When it terminates at Rigby, there should be a POSE to go out.

Since i live in southern NH, and ive become a prety good NEGS-New England Southern Fan, im currious were they iterchange with Guilford. I took a look down by the Fisher Cats Baseball Stadium, and it seems the are some tracks down their behind, as well as some GRS MOV equiptment, and 2 hi-rail pickups in a fenced in area. Another thing i saw was a signal as if you were going to Concord. It's interesting becomes becides NEGS, and the Coal Trains and GRS.. we all konw their isn't any MBTA trains up that way. I wonder at what point how far down that NEGS has to radio to GRS Distict 2's TOM to proceed, and if their are any "working" signals were they would need to stop, slow down etc... I am sure their is, it sounds like a dumb quesitons, but as i said, as NEGS goes north, they don't really "meet" anyone witth the minor exception of the Coal Train in Bow @ Perini Track