• Detroit/Novi, MI area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by bshrdr

I'll be in the Detroit/Novi, MI area in June for a week on buisness, and I was wondering what kind of train activity can I expect? Of course, I'm looking for somewhat safe & newbie-friendly photo spots around the area. I'll be in class during normal buisness hours, so evening activity would be prefered. Also, since it looks like I'll be flying in on a Sunday afternoon, and flying out the following Saturday evening, any weekend info would be helpful as well. I will have a rental car, so anything within say a half hour driving distance would be do-able. But if there's something killer further out, let me know and I'll think about it.... :-)

Thanks in advance!
Tom
  by dews

Durand Union Station about a 30-45 min drive Exit 117 off I-69