• Great Work Weekend on the WW&F

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Steam

We spent last Saturday shoveling balllast on the line north of Alna Center. They got 600 feet of track jacked, aligned and tamped that day alone. Now that they have two flatcars in use, the work went much faster with one car being unloaded while the other was back getting loaded at Sheepscot. I suspect an equal amount of track was completed on Sunday. The weather was terrific all 3 days. The right of way is cleared of trees and brush for another 4,600 feet beyond Alna Center... very impressive! In a couple of years we'll be riding trains over that section too! More right of way has been opened up BEYOND route 218 almost up to the big cut at Head Tide next to the little church on the hill. Stay tuned!

by steveh

Last edited by steveh on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Cosmo

I was there both days too!
My family was with me on Sunday, and between the two days my wife and I both got a chance to get dirty! Thanks guys!
A special hello to Mike, John, and Bill, all from CT, and everyone else I had a chance to work closely with. There's more names than I can remember, luckyI'm good with faces!
Also, a standing invite to anyone who want's to see my backyard "Mtn. Div." in G scale, you can email me at: [email protected]
Thanks again and I can't wait for next time!
Pete "Cosmo" B.

by eriemike

Helped out on Sat. and am very sore, but it was well worth the effort. A great bunch of people to work with and what a great sense of accomplishment. I am honored to be part of such a great organization! Did I mention how Great the place is? :-)
  by Cosmo

Does anyone have any pictures from over the weekend that they can post, maybe on NERails, and (possibly,) link to/thru this site?
I saw a lot of cameras there, so come on, .... who's holding out?
Lightheartedly,
Cosmo