• Train Rides in Angola this weekend.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Robert Smith

Opening Weekend For Scenic Train Excursions!
May 6-7, 2006

Lake Central Railroad is pleased to announce our 3rd year of excursions between historic downtown Angola and Hamilton, IN over the rails of the Indiana Northeastern Railroad. As the train departs Angola, you will travel through the gently rolling hills of scenic northeast Indiana, observing various forms of wildlife along the way. Upon arrival at the destination, the locomotive will switch ends of the train for the return trip to Angola. Each excursion lasts approximately 2 hours, with a roundtrip distance of 26 miles. All trains will also have a concession car with snacks and souvenirs available. These trips are fun for the entire family. While in downtown Angola, be sure to visit the many retail stores located in 3 blocks from our boarding site. Special events for 2006 include daylong trips to Hillsdale, MI for the County Fair, Fall Color excursions, and our most popular "Santa Express" to Fremont, IN.

All trains depart from 613 W Maumee St. (Rt. 20)

Tickets can be purchased at the train on the day of the trip, or in advance by calling: 866-608-0746.

Tickets: $20-$25

Trips depart at 10:00a & 12:30p each day.

For more information, please visit us on the web at: www.lakecentralrailroad.com

by Alloy

Hi Robert--
That is so cool, to see this item! I spent a year at Tri-State College in '69-'70, so I got to know Angola. There was an old New York Central branch that went right through campus, and on out to Pleasant Lake. That was the only rail line in Angola that I knew of. Is there is another line that was or is the Indiana Northeastern?

by railohio

Will the 1500 be the power for the excursions? Who supplies for crews for these trains?