• Dream Paint Schemes for the SD70ACE

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by SD70ACECSX

Hello everyone...this will be another fantasy " what if " topic but hopefully a good one. Lets say CSX decided to do what UP has done with some of its ACE's and bring some of the Railroads of yester year back w/ its paint schemes. What paint schemes of CSX's past I guess you would say ( depending how you look at it ) would you like to see? My 3 would be #1 Chessie System , #2 Family Lines and #3 to revisit the Bicentenial era of Engines w/ some kind of Red White & Blue Scheme to say thank you to the troops.

Lets hear what you guys / gals think would be nice to see again..

Thanks,

David

by FireChaserE3

I must say....It sure would be something to see an engine painted up in Chessie colors zipping up the River Line through Iona Island.

Jim F. :P

by roadster

yeah, CSX just 2 years ago went to the YN3 sceme to show solidarity for all it's members. Not to mention reduced the variety of needed paint varients to reduce cost. Nothing gunna come out the paint booths but dark blue and gold. Don't get your hopes up.

by octr202

roadster wrote:yeah, CSX just 2 years ago went to the YN3 sceme to show solidarity for all it's members. Not to mention reduced the variety of needed paint varients to reduce cost. Nothing gunna come out the paint booths but dark blue and gold. Don't get your hopes up.
Solidarity with all its members? Always looked to me like with a little adjustments to the C, and replace the SX with &O, and viola....

http://www.trainweb.org/csxphotos/photo ... SX-yn3.jpg

http://www.trainweb.org/csxphotos/photo ... 376c&o.jpg

Well, okay, maybe a little more work than that... :wink:

by roadster

I'm just repeating what J'ville stated about the new paint when it was first released.

by octr202

roadster wrote:I'm just repeating what J'ville stated about the new paint when it was first released.
I know. I'm just pointing out the coinciedence for some of the younger folks. I still think 1960s C&O/B&O when I see the dark future...

by Tadman

Hey from a younger folk that lives along the former PM, I'll stand up for the 60-year gone PM and mention that any C&O blue is derived from the PM blue/yellow that was used on their yard goats (circa 1941) and E7's (circa 1947), and those E7's were the best looking E7's to come out of LaGrange.

And for once, I think CSX's choice of colors and paint doesn't look like some goofball overpaid Madison Ave jerk came up with it, but rather a talented trainee of Harley Earl. (the first industrial and automotive stylist, he founded the GM "arts and colors" department, which was the first auto styling department; he also played a role in styling other GM products)

by Steve F45

i hope what im writing makes sense. When conrail was formed who did they take over? I was thinking since CSX basically split Conrail with NS why not take some of the older lines that conrail absorbed and paint them like that. Like the EL? or hell even a nice new sd80mac kept in conrail sa colors but newly painted?

by charlie6017

2005Vdub wrote:When Conrail was formed who did they take over?
1. Erie Lackawanna
2. Penn Central (Pennsylvania RR and New York Central RR)
3. Lehigh Valley
4. New Haven
5. Central of New Jersey
6. Lehigh & New England
7. Lehigh & Hudson River
8. Reading Lines
9. Pennsylvania & Reading Seashore Lines

I think that's about it, but I may have missed more.

by Steve F45

charlie6017 wrote:
2005Vdub wrote:When Conrail was formed who did they take over?
1. Erie Lackawanna
2. Penn Central (Pennsylvania RR and New York Central RR)
3. Lehigh Valley
4. New Haven
5. Central of New Jersey
6. Lehigh & New England
7. Lehigh & Hudson River
8. Reading Lines
9. Pennsylvania & Reading Seashore Lines

I think that's about it, but I may have missed more.
Why not use some of these as "heritage" paint like what UP is doing.

by Dieter

You can tell from my Avatar, what Dream Scheme I would like to see speeding along CSX Rails!

Dieter/

by Steve F45

I think EL, PRR and NYC would look the best.