• Guilford isn't going anywhere

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by johnpbarlow

The way they operate is similar to wiping a horses ass with confetti. Of course we all know that rather than buy toilet paper for the horsie
Is this a common practice where you live? The mental image is not pretty!

:wink:

by peterw

Just a grotesque analogie to strongly get one's point across. Geography has nothing to do with it. However one could argue that it would be a phrase that Mainers might use. :-D

by NRGeep

riffian wrote:
Sir Ray wrote:So NS has initiated a coup against Guilford? :P Will Guilford employees now form an insurgency?

Actually, did the FRA ever seize anything - here I'm thinking of Amtrak seizing Guilford's line in Vermont during the late 1980s - the Brattleboro to White River line, where the Montrealer used to run. I believe Amtrak then gave CV the line...
Believe that was the Interstate Commerce Commission which forced the sale of the line to CV when B&M wouldn't improve the track enough for Amtrak to get over the line in a timely fashion.
You mean GRS. Guilford was not and will never be the real B&M.

by roberttosh

I also highly doubt that Guilford has already paid up front for this work, so if a sale were to happen, they would obviously just kill the whole program - if it ever even were to get going that is (i.e. talk is cheap).....

by MEC407

Noel Weaver wrote:If a larger railroad shows interest in all or part of Guilford, I do not think it will matter much what kind of locomotives are involved.
Agreed. Which is why I don't think that Guilford's decision to upgrade their locomotives is an effort to entice a buyer or fetch a higher price.
  by SPACEMONKEY

Someone should buy it and keep only the lines MBTA uses and turn the rest of it in to a huge bike path and make all the old yards in to parks.

by Guilford Guy

:-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
If you do that you kill almost all the former B&M
I'd say sell the B&M to one Private owner(not NS or some large class-1)
and then sell MEC
and keep Pan am and Go bankrupt