Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by CPSD40-2

Back in 1997, I lived along the D & H main in Plattsburgh. Little did I know I was witnessing the last days of the MLWs that were still in active service. I heard that some of them were turned into road slugs, then I heard they all got scrapped, and that some were instoreage still serviceable.

Anyone know whats up with any of them?

by 2spot

I'm not the authority on the subject but I believe CPs last MLW was Control cab #1100, a C-424 (unpowered), retired in 2004. I dont believe it was sold so it might be in the 'historic collection'. Suggest checking in the "Canadian Trackside Guide" or www.mountainrailway.com/ . Actually, after checking the latter, there is a picture of 1100 taken in Ogden (Calgary), Feb. this year. I cant say enough about Mountainrailway.com its excellent! If it helps, CN still has M-636 #2338 somewhere around MacMillan yard (Toronto).

by cpr_trains

Regarding mountainrailway.com -- who is the author for the website and does anyone have his/her email address? I would like to contact him/her regarding photo contributions to the site.

by 2spot

Mountainrailway.com is the creation of Wilco van Schoonhoven. Click any of the pictures, then click the resources link to reach him.

by trainiac

The Canadian Railway Museum at St-Constant, QC, has an incredible collection of MLW's, representing almost all models built. I can think of 4 CP units off the top of my head, two of which are operational (C424 4237 and M630 4563).