• NEC V 4.0 question

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by NJRail4129

I have NEC version 4 installed but I would like to be able to start runs at Baltimore or Wilmington, and as installed I am limited to Washington or Philadelphia. How can I add Wilmington and Baltimore to the "Starting At" in MSTS?

by gerr

Do you know how to use the Activity editor in MSTS? In Activity editor you can create the path(or Starting point) of your train. :-D

by NJRail4129

I tried using the editor but that wouldnt work. Is that only for activities? I'm looking to use the sim in Explore Route mode...Is there any other way?
Thanks

by pgengler

What you need to do is to create an activity and create a player path that has a start point of whereever you want (you can just find the spot, right-click and choose "Place start point"). Set the name to whatever you want (I usually use the station name and track number), set an activity description and briefing (it can be whatever text you want) and save. Now you should see the new point as a start point in the Explore Route mode.

(I can post more detailed instructions on Sunday night, if you're not sure how to create a path and/or set a start point.)

by NJRail4129

Perfect, that worked. Thanks a lot.