• '06 Trips

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by ToledoTerminalRy

Anyone planning on making trips to Fostoria, Deshler or Berea thiss weekend - hear its gonna be pretty nice out.

How about later this spring?

by railohio

I'm shooting for Berea next Tuesday evening.

by chessie8212

I'm thinking of getting out somewhere this weekend on Saturday, but not sure where at the moment. Fostoria is always good, but it's hard to go there after you've been there so many times.

But I'm definately aiming for some CSX action, I've been along the NS the last three times I've been out.

by Rabscuttle

chessie8212 wrote:I'm thinking of getting out somewhere this weekend on Saturday, but not sure where at the moment. Fostoria is always good, but it's hard to go there after you've been there so many times.

But I'm definately aiming for some CSX action, I've been along the NS the last three times I've been out.
So Saturday is a decent day then? I was thinking about going to Deshler this weekend.

by chessie8212

From what I've experienced and from what I've seen others post online, Saturday nights aren't bad on the ex-B&O. Between 5 and 11 PM I've seen upwards of 45-50 trains in Fostoria. Have yet to make it over to Deshler during a night, but understand that it's a great time.

Perhaps this Saturday night will be my first trip to Deshler. I could easily spend several hours there that day from the late afternoon to late evening.

by railohio

Afternoon and early evening in Deshler is notoriously slow. You can count on only get a train or two an hour from noon until 6:00p or so. After that the flood gates open up, however. Overnight and the morning hours are always the busiest down there.

by matt

Time to get the kids on their bikes and off to Clyde, Drew. The foliage that grows between the rails and the trail is on it's way...

-I'm there Saturday unless it's windy...

by railohio

I'm off to Waterloo, Indiana for an all-nighter if anyone is interested in meeting up. Shouldn't be too hard to find me, most likely be the only other railfan there. :wink: I'm shooting to be there for 29 and 49 tonight and then probably shoot down to Garrett for a few hours and then back to Waterloo overnight and for 30 and 48 in the morning. Any takers?

by Rabscuttle

matt wrote:Time to get the kids on their bikes and off to Clyde, Drew. The foliage that grows between the rails and the trail is on it's way...

-I'm there Saturday unless it's windy...
We ended up going on Friday and it was windy as Hell.

Saw about 16 trains though, plus three more in Hamler.

Glad to see the old depot still standing...but how much longer?