• Looking for source of genuine Conrail paint

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by O-6-O

I'm looking for a source for genuine Conrail Blue paint. Any ideas?
Automotive paint ie; PPG ,Ditzler etc? Where did Conrail get theirs?
Thanks

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

by charlie6017

I would try a full service hobby store. I'm not sure about the hobby shops in your area, but if you get to Buffalo, I'm 99% sure that Niagara Hobby has it. Awhile back, I got my CSX colors there.

by O-6-O

Thanks Charlie, but this is not for modeling, I,m going to repaint my
Snap-On tool box. I HATE red. Thanks

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

by wis bang

Krylon "royal blue" should be similar, maybe a little darker. I used to work for Chemical Leaman Tank Lines. The Macks came Royal blue from their paint supplyer & we would add 1/4 fenders & paint them w/ the Krylon and it was just a little lighter. Never saw it after the truck got dirty. It's a color lighter than Navy but not as light as alot of medium blues & would look good w/ some white pinstripes...

by MR77100

Why don't all the modeling companies decide on one shade of blue???!!!! I have about a dozen different Conrail units from Athearn, Atlas, Kato, and Proto 2000, and the shades of blue are all different!

by Otto Vondrak

Conrail blue weathered to so many different shades, it's hard to pick one.

Locomotive paint comes from DuPont's Imron line... try contacting them!

-otto-