• Railcarmovers Update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by railroadcarmover

Ex P&W GE U23B #2209 is available for lease and is going to be shipped to the New Jersey Northern In Somerville NJ for storage/ backup. Unit has current bluecard, been recently shopped with wheel / traction motor changeout, complete PM, airbrake test, powerwashing, and other work.

Ex LTS Fairbanks Morse H12-44 #1845 is presently out of service. Unit needs to have its quill shaft ( verticle shaft that connects the 2 crankshafts ) replaced. I have also acquired another 38d8 prime mover ( from scrapped USS Fairless Works #11 ) and plan on using the quill shaft from this engine. I also have purchased the entire FM spare parts inventory from LTS. Unit also needs batteries.
Unit has new wheels and remote control and will be available for lease once operable. Eventual plans call for repainting unit in the early 1980's Fairless Works scheme. (light blue with red, white, and blue stripes and red frame stripes)

Trackmobile #6 ( 5tm ) has been shipped to Trackmobile dealer for repair and new train air installation. Unit going to rental in May.

Trackmobile #9 ( 5tm ) has been made servicable for pending rental.

Trackmobiles #2, 8, 10, 12, ( 5tm ) and #1 ( 2tm ) are all out of service pending repair / reconditioning.

"if it has flanges i will move it"

Pete DeFillipo
[email protected]
  by railroadcarmover

GE U23B #2209 : on lease in north jersey / upstate NY.

Fairbank Morse H12-44 #1845 : This unit will undergo repair work to make it operational. It has been sitting out of service for over 7 years. Main item of repair is the verticle connecting shaft between the 2 cranks needs to be replaced / upgraded to a newer design. Other work items to be performed are new batteries, brake rigging work, full PM, evaluation of remote control system, pilot plate installation, fireman side rear cab window installation, and a new paint job with anti graffiti overcoat. I hope to have this guy in service in 6 months.

Trackmobile #6 ( 5TM ): On lease / transloading dirt

Trackmobile #9 ( 5TM ): On lease / chemical plant ( 1/2 mile run )

Trackmobile #10 ( 5TM ): Needs minor work to be serviceable.

Trackmobile #2 ( 5TM ) : Needs reconditioning. I will be starting on this unit in April.

Trackmobile #8, #12 ( 5TM ) : Needs Reconditioning. Stored

Trackmobile #1 ( 2TM ) : Needs minor work. Stored

by Sir Ray

This has probably been asked before, but do you have a website hosting images of your various trackmobiles and rail switchers?