• Caboose in Ship Bottom, NJ?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by caboose9

Hi,

In mid 2003 I received a report of a caboose on display in Ship Bottom, NJ. The reporter noted that "details will follow". After 2.5 years, I am no longer expecting the details from that reporter!

Does anyone know of a caboose on display or sitting somewhere in Ship Bottom? If I don't hear anything on this in the near future I'll delete this entry from the list of "captive/preserved" cabooses in NJ.

Thanks, Roger

by German

There is a passenger car and box car that are part of a restaurant in in either Ship Bottom or Surf City (not sure which one but near the border of the two). I've never seen a caboose though. LBI isn't a huge place, and I'd think I'd have seen it unless it is hidden in a backyard somewhere.

by BlockLine_4111

German wrote:There is a passenger car and box car that are part of a restaurant in in either Ship Bottom or Surf City (not sure which one but near the border of the two).
Yes, Ship Bottom and I have a photo of it. Surprised it still exists 2 decades later.

by caboose9

German said, "There is a passenger car and box car that are part of a restaurant in in either Ship Bottom."

Hi,

I'll assume the reporter was thinking of this restaurant and zap the Ship Bottom, NJ, caboose entry.

Thanks, Roger