Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by MarkW

Friday, March 24, 2006:
Central Electric Railfans' Association (CERA) Meeting: The 2nd floor auditorium at 205 W. Wacker Drive in Chicago's loop area. Doors open at 6:30 PM. and the program starts at 7:30 PM. The program usually ends between 9:30 and 10:00 PM. Admission is FREE.
The program will be presented by me, and it is titled: "NYC Subways; the First 101 Years"

Saturday, March 25, 2006:
Kenosha, WI: Meeting at a Downtown Chicago location, we will ride a preserved GM Fishbowl bus to Kenosha, WI, for a fan trip on the Kenosha Streetcar line (Using ex-Toronto PCC Streetcars). We will rotate the cars so we can have pictures of all or most of the cars along the line. We will also visit the Kenosha Transit Bus Garage.

Sunday, March 26, 2006:
Again using a vintage bus, we will visit the Chicagoland Historical Bus Museum where many GM and FLX New Looks will be on display and operating for rides. Along with Old looks and FLX Metros. A fun filled day with vintage buses.

Fare for the whole weekend is $55.00 and includes a one year membership to the Chicagoland Historical Bus Museum. Interested people should send an email to: [email protected] or speak to me at the March CERA meeting where I will be the presenter.

Thank you
-Mark Wolodarsky