• It wouldn't be a blizzard without....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by mikedc3

4 Wheelin pictures from the NJ Cut Off

We went from Hopatcong to Greendell, Then, went to Johnsonburg, Met a friend and came back to Hopatcong. WE had a blast!!!!!

Roseville Tunnel:

Just West of Roseville:

Pequest fill Andover:

This is RT. 206 looking south in Andover:

Greendell tower:

Other random shots:

Cool graffiti on Roseville road bridge:

by nick11a

Hahaha. You folks are crazy! Nice pics there- glad you had a good time. :-)

by Tri-State Tom

mike -

Despite now over 2 decades of inactivity, 90% of the Cut-Off ROW is still fairly clear. Today's modern tree-cutting/brush clearing equipment would make short work of what's seen in your photos. Heck, there's even a few long stretches where the ballast and ties are still neatly in place awaiting new 132lb. ribbon rail !

You nead a 'Phoebe Snow' spare tire wheel cover for your SUV !!!

by mikedc3

Tri-State Tom wrote:mike -

Despite now over 2 decades of inactivity, 90% of the Cut-Off ROW is still fairly clear. Today's modern tree-cutting/brush clearing equipment would make short work of what's seen in your photos. Heck, there's even a few long stretches where the ballast and ties are still neatly in place awaiting new 132lb. ribbon rail !

You nead a 'Phoebe Snow' spare tire wheel cover for your SUV !!!
Actually Tom,
Before this last December the ROW between the east end of Pequest fill to west of Johnsonburg was un passable to all but quads. The area near Greendell passing siding was completely overgrown. You couldn't get an SUV through there without destroying the paint.

"Somehow" all the brush and trees blocking the trail was cut down. :wink: :wink:

by David

Once again Mike, Great pictures--When I took my last set of pictures in the Greendell area--there were tracks still there including the passing siding. There were also two signal bridges there. Thanks for sharing.

by Pj

anything left in the tower? How do you get there from say Port Jervis or Scranton?

Seems pretty cool

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

You get to have fun playing in the snow... while I had to move it

Nice pics.

by mikedc3

Pj wrote:anything left in the tower? How do you get there from say Port Jervis or Scranton?

Seems pretty cool
Nothing really left in the tower. There is some steel work and some of the wood work is left inside. I'd post pics but there is a lot of graffiti inside.

To get there from Scranton, Take 380 to 80 East to exit 19. Get on CR 517 North. Down about 2 1\2 miles you will see CR 611 on the left. Take 611 about 2 miles and you come to an intersection. 611 turns right here. You will see the station up on the right after 1-3 other buildings. The tower is behind the station.

From PJ, You would take 23 to Clove RD which is about 1/3 up High Point mtn. Make a right onto clove and follow it to Rt 206 S. Follow that all the way to Andover. Then take CR 517 S to 611.

Get a map and follow the rest of the line. There is a lot of neat stuff along it.

Lehigh Valley Railroad, I too have pushed my share of snow over the years!! :-D