• Quite a NY&A summary in Feb 2006 Snailpace...

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Sir Ray

Column & a Half in fact, with John Krattinger handing out thanks to 4 other people for the info.
Starts off with "Business is booming on the NY & A Railway due to high oil prices. Single Car shipments have increased from companies that normally do not ship from rail." and goes on from there.
Talks about NY CH interchanges, CSX problems, Capacity Constraints!, new switch on the Central Branch, and Jamaica Ash in Westbury (whatever happened to that?), plus various Motive Power statuses which we more or less have covered on this forum over the past few months.
Also an 'operating schedule' for ... 10 trains (times and service areas).
My favorite line - "The supplier that previously made ASC equipment for the LIRR no longer stocks or manufactures it"... Well, I guess they better get cracking on finding another (custom) supplier then, shouldn't they?

by phantom

I personally took care of that today I'm happy to report!

by Sir Ray

phantom wrote:I personally took care of that today I'm happy to report!
Finding a new supplier of ASC equipment for the NY&A?

by badneighbor

if the train fan geeks on here want to see new NYA power, then they should help find acceptable ASC componants...

by phantom

It turns out the LIRR was very cooperative with ASC components. Not being an authority on the mechanics of it all I believe they have an abundant supply ready for swap and/or repair. I think the new power on LIRR use a different ASC package than the older units freeing up a few packages for us. It turns out our former mechanic was not looking in the right place!

by jayrmli

Yes, I guess the newspaper wasn't the best place to look for ASC parts. :wink:

Jay

by badneighbor

the WEEKLY WORLD NEWS isn't the best place to shop for train parts i guess... :P