• H0-2 Working Sat & Sun. of the 1/21/06

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Phase Gap

H0-2 is working tommorrow Sat. 1/21/06 His plain is the shove out of East Dover with 40 cars then go to Chester Jct pick-up unknown amount of cars and go to Washington.Coming east they will stop at Nova & M&M's chester Jct and then Dover.They will be on duty at 7am at Dover.ON Sunday they will be on duty at 3 or 4 in the afternoon to go to Reheis to spot a shut down car for them. I talked to the crew and they say it is sit in stone. Hope to see you on the rails.

by washingtonsecondary

I think they just went through Hackettstown at 10:55. Heard a few horns but can't go chasing on account of it being my wife's birthday. Happy hunting.
  by njt4172

Phase Gap wrote:H0-2 is working tommorrow Sat. 1/21/06 His plain is the shove out of East Dover with 40 cars then go to Chester Jct pick-up unknown amount of cars and go to Washington.Coming east they will stop at Nova & M&M's chester Jct and then Dover.They will be on duty at 7am at Dover.ON Sunday they will be on duty at 3 or 4 in the afternoon to go to Reheis to spot a shut down car for them. I talked to the crew and they say it is sit in stone. Hope to see you on the rails.

A Shutdown car?? Uh oh, what does that mean????

Steve
  by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:
Phase Gap wrote:H0-2 is working tommorrow Sat. 1/21/06 His plain is the shove out of East Dover with 40 cars then go to Chester Jct pick-up unknown amount of cars and go to Washington.Coming east they will stop at Nova & M&M's chester Jct and then Dover.They will be on duty at 7am at Dover.ON Sunday they will be on duty at 3 or 4 in the afternoon to go to Reheis to spot a shut down car for them. I talked to the crew and they say it is sit in stone. Hope to see you on the rails.

A Shutdown car?? Uh oh, what does that mean????

Steve
Yes, I'm curious too. It doesn't sound like a good thing.

by Phase Gap

What that means is that if they don't get the product from the car the plant will shut down and cost a lot of money to start back up.

by Sirsonic

A shutdown car is a load of inbound product needed for the customer to continue production. Most companies do not keep a large stockpiles anymore, and so they rely on inbound shipments to continue production. If the shutdown car is not delievered in time, the customer will have to stop production, shutting down the production.

by nick11a

Sirsonic wrote:A shutdown car is a load of inbound product needed for the customer to continue production. Most companies do not keep a large stockpiles anymore, and so they rely on inbound shipments to continue production. If the shutdown car is not delievered in time, the customer will have to stop production, shutting down the production.
Oh, OK. That's good. They've been getting a lot of deliveries recently. I wonder what thet do with all of those chemicals. Incidentally, I would not reccomened taking a swim in the little lake next to Reheis Intermediates. Whenever I drive by it, I sometimes make a point to look at it. From the looks of it, it's loaded with with tons of three-eyed fish.

by Uzi-Cat

I sometimes make a point to look at it. From the looks of it, it's loaded with with tons of three-eyed fish.
Those are the young replacements for NJT's management team. All future bosses and so far, based on their location, they have more railroad experience than 90% of NJT's current management.

scott

by nick11a

wpdj61 wrote:
I sometimes make a point to look at it. From the looks of it, it's loaded with with tons of three-eyed fish.
Those are the young replacements for NJT's management team. All future bosses and so far, based on their location, they have more railroad experience than 90% of NJT's current management.

scott
So that's why NJT allows NS to deliver all those chemicals on the Gladstone Branch and Morristown. :wink:

I happened to be in my hometown tonight, pasing through. Noticed the signal at the station was green at 43 after. I knew it was either a really late passenger train coming or the H02. I figured it was the H02. So, quickly drove down to Reheis and sure enough, there they were drilling. They had 3056 again for the third week in a row. They drilled from about 7:40 to about 8:00 and then proceeded east to pass a train at Murray Hill and then east to Summit and west to Dover. Pretty cool to see it that late on a Sunday Night. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera and tripod handy but oh well. It is always neat to see them drill.

by njt4172

Nick,

I caught him switching out cars at East Dover....He had the one loaded white HCL car spliced between a box and a covered hopper then the caboose. I met Bobby Allard (mountie17) for the frist time and we caught him doing almost track speed through Mount Tabor!. I have a 30 second mpeg. I'll try to figure out how to post it on here tonight!!

Nice meeting you Bobby!

Steve

by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:Nick,

I caught him switching out cars at East Dover....He had the one loaded white HCL car spliced between a box and a covered hopper then the caboose. I met Bobby Allard (mountie17) for the frist time and we caught him doing almost track speed through Mount Tabor!. I have a 30 second mpeg. I'll try to figure out how to post it on here tonight!!

Nice meeting you Bobby!

Steve
Yeah, saw that train. That was their only job for the day- Reheis. Train only went as far has the crossing on Plainfield Ave. though as the passing track in Stirling is used 98% of the time on weekends right now for passenger trains passing meaning if they wanted to dodge trains, they would have to use the Murray Hill passing track or the siding in Berkeley Heights- although the Murray Hill is preferable as it is automatic and has no derails and plus the siding in Berkeley Heights faces west.