• What are rochelle park offices for?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Steve F45

I've always wondered what is with the box cars converted into offices at the rochelle ave crossing are used for? They have the old passenger cars stored on teh siding too. I dont see anyone working there as of late.

Could anyone tell me what they were used for?

Also how do you get to binghamton rail yard from bergen county? I'de like to take a road trip when it warms up. And also where are some decent spots to get good pics elsewhere in bergen county other then RP/Bogota area.

by RichM

Rochelle Park housed the office of the vice president of the NYS&W for a long while after the Delaware Otsego take-over, unfortunately I'm drawing a blank trying to remember his name, Bob...., but he was a management holdover from the original railroad prior to its acquisition. I believe various local business functions (sales, security) for the original line's customers were also coordinated from there.