• UP 3300

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by Amtrak31

Hi everyone. I've been wanting to go out and see UP 3300. Does anyone know where it is right now? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

by AmtrakFan

It is in Oregon going to North Platte.

by Amtrak31

Thanks John! :-)
  by EJ&ESDM809

Me and Nick saw this one of a kind beauty today! We got to Rochelle very early this morning (before sunrise) and as soon as we pulled in it moved on through, then we went to De Kalb, as soon as we got there, there it was again, and then we chased it all the way to Elmhurst and after about 20 minutes saw it yet again. Good thing traffic wasn't bad. We got some pictures and Nick got a movie of it highballing through De Kalb.

by Amtrak31

It was a lot of fun! I will post a link to my video when I upload it to my website. You can check out my other videos at www.dailymotion.com/NicTrain35 Check back for updates. :-)

I was surprized by the VERY small amount of traffic. You got to love Sunday morning! While on 88, we couldn't see a car for miles. We were the only one. That portable TV in the car with The Simpsons going kept us occupied. :wink:

by hoops

Has it gotten any closer to Proviso since this morning when it left Altoona, WI?

by Amtrak31

It arrived Proviso at 11:55 A.M. yesterday (December 28th).

Update: It departed Elmhurst at 12:32 PM today. It's heading for Clinton, Iowa.