• Utica trip 11/27/05

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by ANDY117

Went up to Utica today, number 1 beacuse my mom wanted to shop, and also so I could see the NYSW power there. Boy was I in for a surprise!

SIXX 77- sitting outside, not doing anything. Frost Damage, parts unit?
NYSW 3012- appareently there for maintenance, shut down
NYSW 2400- stored. Anyone know if these babies will run again?
NYSW 120- What the heck is this?!? It was shut down, but a nice paint scheme nonetheless
NS 7001- Why is this here? looks like it's being scrapped. It is all cut up, and only the cab frame and fuel tank remain.
BDLX 1602, 1604( I remember seeing another, and I think this was it's number) 1606 all sitting around shut down,
CN 5542- SD50F? Sitting out front, shut down.
NS 3267- Sitting out front, shut down.

And what I really came up here for, the NYSW F45 3636! It was outside the door, shut down of course, but nothing was opened up on the sides, or anything. It looked quite shiny actually. Anyone know if this baby is coming back to life soon? I think I hear Golden-Arm groaning already!

by Lackawanna484

The 120 is an SW-9, came with the NYSW take-over of the Staten island line. Originally a B&O locomotive, I believe