• The Wreck of SW1500 #2763

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

by geep39

I'm not exactly sure, there are better records of this somewhere. I thought it flipped during a hump accident. It was sent to ICG Paducah, and was rebuilt. It was the only SW-1500 ever painted into the solid (bright) green paint scheme. The green color was not exactly the same as used on other units with this scheme.

by David Hutchinson

I heard the accident was at Port Richmond.

by David Hutchinson

I read about the wreck in an old Extra 2200 South... don't have the issue, but maybe this reference might help...........

by RDG-LNE

This locomotive got loose at Port Richmond when the hand brakes weren't set tight enough. It coasted through the yard and eventually rammed a string of covered hoppers on a yard track. It was sent to ICG's Paducah Shops for rebuilding. It returned in the solid green scheme about 18 months later.

Drew