Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by AmtrakFan

Group,
What is taking so long for 8542 to be reparied it was the one which hit a Truck at Sparliding in 2004 and when I saw the Car it didn't look that bad. Why is it taking so long?

by MetraF40C607

Uhm, because Metra probably isn't fixing it themselves and shipped it somewhere to be fixed.

by AmtrakFan

MetraF40C607 wrote:Uhm, because Metra probably isn't fixing it themselves and shipped it somewhere to be fixed.
Was still on Track 2 on Aug 21st is it still there?

by AMTK84

My guess is they haven't done anything major to it; however I don't know. Another suggestion is that it might be used for minor parts replacements; however I don't know.

by bones

Like I've said over and over again, Metra is in no hurry.

by AMTK84

My guess is guys that if Metra was strapped for cab cars they'd have fixed 8542 by now, they probably have enough cabs...Which might explain why 8587 is on MILW but who knows.

by bones

There is no explaination for anything around here. Remember the locomotive assignment debate we had a few months back? The only thing that has changed since then is that they now use a newer dart board.