• U.S. Gypsum, Clark

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by crnrailal

There were 2 box cars parked on the siding behind Rite-Aid in Clark on the north side of Raritan Road. Those are first cars I have seen there in about 7 months.

Does anyone know whether they are inbound or being placed to load outbound?
  by ChooChooHead2

I managed to take some pictures of the two boxcars in question last night: http://community.webshots.com/album/464274535ffyuIg

I'm not sure how or when they got there. The MOW equipment that's been sitting between the LV line and USG seems as though it hasn't moved in weeks. Perhaps the cars have been sitting at USG for all these months?
Last edited by ChooChooHead2 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by BigDell

Wow! I haven't seen boxcars there in AGES.... Great!!!
I wonder who they are for... Would love to have seen the drop off...
Have to monitor the action there in the coming days and see if they are moved.
BigDell

by CNJFAN

Great shots choochoohead.

by ChooChooHead2

Thanks. I drove by there again yesterday, and the cars are still sitting there. I'm hoping to catch an engine move there.

Needless to say, I won't pass by Rite-Aid without my camera.
  by njt4172

crnrailal wrote:There were 2 box cars parked on the siding behind Rite-Aid in Clark on the north side of Raritan Road. Those are first cars I have seen there in about 7 months.

Almost looks like a patrol car from Clark's finest to the extreme right of one of the pictures...... Did he ask you why you were taking pictures??? That is all they seem to care about these days....

Steve
  by Don31

njt4172 wrote:
Almost looks like a patrol car from Clark's finest to the extreme right of one of the pictures...... Did he ask you why you were taking pictures??? That is all they seem to care about these days....

Steve
The front of that car DOES look like a police car Steve, but Clark's are dark blue with yellow striping.

by markyk

You don't have to worry about Clark's finest giving railfans a problem...........

A high ranking officer also happens to be one of the founding father's of Railpace magazine......

mark

by nick11a

markyk wrote:You don't have to worry about Clark's finest giving railfans a problem...........

A high ranking officer also happens to be one of the founding father's of Railpace magazine......

mark
Really? Fascinating.....

But actually, the real bane can be the Westfield Police Department right next door.

by Don31

markyk wrote:You don't have to worry about Clark's finest giving railfans a problem...........

mark
Good point. Lets hope that Capt. Connell has instructed his troops that we aren't terrorists....

by njt4172

mark

Mark,

Really?? That is cool....Glad we have some NJ police officers on the railbuff's side! :-)

Steve
  by crnrailal

njt4172 wrote:
crnrailal wrote:There were 2 box cars parked on the siding behind Rite-Aid in Clark on the north side of Raritan Road. Those are first cars I have seen there in about 7 months.

Steve
Both cars as of 6:45 PM tonight Tuesday Oct 4 th.
  by ChooChooHead2

I went to Rite-Aid tonight to pick up an Rx, and was surprised to see the boxcars and MOW equipment gone.

I hope to see more activity on the line, and that this wasn't just a fluke. Otherwise it'll be months before we see any action there.

by gravelyfan

Trace shows the CSX car loaded heading for Springfield, Mass. A relatively short rail trip.

by BigDell

Trace shows the CSX car loaded heading for Springfield, Mass. A relatively short rail trip.

How'd you trace them? Internal database? I'm guessing we can't just "log in" publicly....
:-)
BigDell

BTW - were they picking up at US Gypsum?