• DS4-4-750 Demonstrator

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

by GN 599

About five minutes from my house sits DS4-4-750 demonstrator #750. Weyerhauser bought it and sister 751 when they both were brand new and was sold to a private party in 84 when it was retired. The windows are all boarded up and the stacks were covered so it is in good contition except paint. My question is if anyone knows if the 750 was the first production one or first one built or anything like that. The owner has fallen on hard times I understand and it may be purchased for cheap. The only bad thing is it has friction bearing trucks, but I think it may have some historical significance. If anybody has info in the DS4-4-750 production run I would appreciate it.
  by trainspot

I sent you something regarding the unit.

by GN 599

Thanks trainspot I wont be to my home computer for a few more days.

by GN 599

I sent some messages I hope you got em :-D . The pic on your website is just like she looks today, save for faded paint. Sure would like to see her run again. :wink: