• AEM-7 status

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by eolesen

945 at the Illinois Railway Museum has been staged along the main walkway, next to the GTEL and the cosmetically restored UPRR snow blower.
  by ColbyJames2902

What about 927 if I may ask?
  by Jeff Smith

by ApproachMedium

ColbyJames2902 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:23 am What about 927 if I may ask?
927 Current Status Unknown. Will have to check in. There is a chance of 946 being saved in place of it.
  by TheOneKEA

TheOneKEA wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:12 pm Is it at all likely that the B&O Railroad Museum would take one of MARC’s units on loan for display in their yard?
I am still curious to know if any of the four MARC AEM-7s will be preserved or if they will be scrapped (or have already been scrapped).
  by ApproachMedium

The B&O was one of the museums that had zero interest in my 917.
  by Halgoonta

I am still curious to know if any of the four MARC AEM-7s will be preserved or if they will be scrapped (or have already been scrapped).
I believe they are still holed up in Riverside, if they were scrapped Facebook would be flooded with foamers crying over them.
  by Halgoonta

unless one of them was moved, all 4 units currently reside in Riverside.
  by NaugyRR

917 has joined the collection at Danbury.

by ApproachMedium

NaugyRR wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:52 pm 917 has joined the collection at Danbury...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmo_7hNURE
And after a year or so of headaches, i can finally have one less thing that keeps me awake at night.