Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by bones

An engineer who works for Amtrak told me today that he saw 4 F40C's at Venice Yard in E. St. Louis, which is the old GM&O yard about 7 miles out of St. Louis. #600 was one of them.

by MetraF40C607

They are still there! YAY!

by AmtrakFan

The KCS lease thing fell thru.

by Milwaukee_F40C

Nice to know that they're still around. Anyone know anything about their condition, and are they all at the same place or does Helm have them scattered around?

^^JLJ061, nice photos, and it looks like there's a UP E in the background too.

by JLJ061

Milwaukee_F40C wrote:JLJ061, nice photos, and it looks like there's a UP E in the background too.
I believe that's what it was, but unfortunately there was no way for me to get any pics of it. :(

by F40CFan

Last Friday, 611 was not parked in its usual spot with 614. Does anyone know where it was?

by Tadman

MBTA is looking for some passenger units - anybody think this is a new life for some C's? They've mostly standardized on F40 and F59's, so that's not much different.

by octr202

Tadman wrote:MBTA is looking for some passenger units - anybody think this is a new life for some C's? They've mostly standardized on F40 and F59's, so that's not much different.
Um, don't take some of our overly imaginitive railfans too seriously. The MBTA roster is pretty deep...if they can ever get the GP40MC's to work right.

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... C&BOOL=ANY