Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#509651  by lb101

I have a couple of questions on the system ride challenge. My first question is what is the record time for the trip? The second question is how do record the trip so it will be a official record? The last question I have is what are some of the best routes for the trip?

#509841  by Raritan Express

I believe the record time for riding the whole system is just above 24 hours. It's definately less than 25 hours. Don't know any routes that would work.

#509867  by Gerry6309

There is lots of info on this topyc on www.subchat.com. It has been thoroughly discussed there.

#510559  by lb101

Thanks for some of that info but I tried that link and could not find anything on the trip. The whole reason that I asked these questions was a old friend and myself always wanted to do this but never had a chance. Thank you for some that info but if anyone else has info please come forward.
 #1622882  by Jeff Smith

https://gothamist.com/news/new-record-s ... nyc-subway

I'm guessing the attempt doesn't include SIRT. Sure would like to know the route she took. Trade secrets I suppose!
New record set for fastest trip through entirety of NYC subway

New York City’s subway has 472 stations laid out across 665 miles of track. For decades, transit enthusiasts have jockeyed to set the record for the fastest time to travel through the whole system.

Last month, Kate Jones, a New Yorker now living in Switzerland, set a new standard. She completed the journey in 22 hours, 14 minutes and 10 seconds. Her time was certified last week by Guinness World Records.
Her time was slightly longer than that of the previous record holder, Matthew Ahn, who in 2016 completed the so-called “Subway Challenge” in 21 hours, 28 minutes and 14 seconds. But that was before the MTA opened three new Second Avenue subway stations on the Upper East Side.
“I nailed every swipe, so, still a New Yorker,” she said. She set the record on April 17, celebrated with dumplings in Flushing, Queens — and took a plane back to Switzerland 14 hours later.